August 1st, 2018
[caption id="attachment_45" align="alignleft" width="338"] It's that time again...[/caption]
Back to school preparation can be a tedious task! There are so many items to purchase for the upcoming school year, schedule to plan for the fall and getting to all your doctor’s appointments before school begins.
When planning your back to school check list, don’t forget about your dental preventative care appointment. Preventative care is more than “getting your teeth cleaned.” At NJDC we believe in a thorough approach to dental prevention starting with reviewing your medical history, assessing your oral health, performing multiple screenings for oral cancer and dental diseases, and creating a custom care plan to suite your dental needs for the best long term dental health.
Furthermore, our dedicated team at NJDC believes in the link between oral health and systemic health; regular preventative care appointments can help impact your body’s ability to stay healthy.
Don’t forget to include scheduling your preventative dental care appointment on your back to school check list! Call us to schedule your appointment today! (973)627-7934
April 6th, 2017
April is Oral Cancer Awareness Month
Although all the dental professionals at NJDC take oral cancer very seriously every day of the year, we want to help spread awareness this month. All of our patients receive a complementary oral cancer screening with their oral health appointments because we strongly believe in the importance of being screened. Familiarize yourself with the facts from the Oral Cancer Foundation and make sure you are screened for oral cancer annually!
• 48,250 AMERICANS WILL BE DIAGNOSED WITH ORAL CANCER THIS YEAR ALONE.
• WORLDWIDE THE PROBLEM IS MUCH GREATER, WITH NEW CASES EXCEEDING 640,000 ANNUALLY.
• THE FASTEST GROWING SEGMENT OF THE ORAL/ OROPHARYNGEAL CANCER POPULATION ARE HPV16+ YOUNG NON-SMOKERS.
• ONE PERSON WILL DIE EVERY HOUR OF EVERY DAY 24/7/365 FROM ORAL CANCER IN THE US.
• TOBACCO USE IN ALL OF ITS FORMS AND ALCOHOL ARE STILL MAJOR RISK FACTORS FOR ORAL CANCER.